ARE YOU AN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR COMMITTED TO THOUGHTFUL, STUDENT-CENTERED, CULTURALLY-RESPONSIVE LITERACY TEACHING? OR DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS? Apply for a scholarship to this year’s NCTE conference in Las Vegas, NV!
Application Deadline: October 15, 2012
NCTE’s Early Childhood Education Assembly (ECEA) is awarding two $150 scholarships to the 2012 NCTE Conference to teachers of children in preschool and early elementary grades. The conference scholarship award will support teachers who:
· Include children’s languages, cultures, and backgrounds in the curriculum
· Embed the teaching of literacy skills within authentic opportunities for reading and writing
· Create spaces for children to inquire into their interests and the world around them
The winners of the scholarship will receive a monetary award ($150) to support conference attendance and the opportunity to write an entry regarding their experiences at the NCTE Day of Early Childhood for the ECEA blog.
Applications will be reviewed by the ECEA Professional Development Committee. Applications should include the following:
· A letter (1-2 pages) addressed to the ECEA Professional Development Committee describing the nominee’s commitment to early literacy teaching and learning. Applicants may also include photographs or examples of student work that illustrate their early literacy pedagogies.
· Nominee’s contact information, including grade level taught.
· Nominees must be members of the Early Childhood Education Assembly
Both third-party nominations and self-nominations will be considered.
Applications are due by October 15, 2012 and can be submitted via email to María Paula Ghiso, ECEA Professional Development Committee Chair (email@example.com)